When I woke up Saturday morning to the news that I RECEIVED THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD, I was like what? What is the Versatile Blogger Award? And how come I, who am a newbie at blogging, was deemed worthy enough to receive such an esteemed award.
I received the Versatile Blogger Award (VBA) from M.G. Edwards. Thank you, M.G.! It’s an honor, and I am humbled. M.G. is a fellow writer, and author of Kilimanjaro: One Man’s Quest to Go Over the Hill. Yeah, I know, he’s one of them crazy guys who lives out his adventures!
This was M.G.’s definition of the award:
A mutual admiration society where bloggers recognize their peers for writing quality blogs that touched them in some way. The VBAs honor the blogger rather than specific posts. It’s a chance for bloggers to pat themselves on the back like the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences does with the Oscars. Until someone starts giving out Blogscars, the VBAs will have to suffice.
Well, since I am a newbie to blogging, and my content so far, describes “Heroic sleuth and spy duos”, I think I might just have received this award because we all admire a hero. Yeah, that’s it. I’m sticking with that one.
Here are the rules when selected for the Versatile Blogger Award.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to the VBA site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
David Leadbeater – http://davidleadbeaternovels.blogspot.com/
Roger Grubbs – http://booksbyrogergrubbs.wordpress.com/
Derek Blass – http://derekblass.wordpress.com/
Russell Blake – http://russellblake.com/
Alan McDermott – http://jambalian.blogspot.com/
Douglas Wickard – http://douglaswickard.blogspot.com/
Martha Bourke – http://www.marthabourke.blogspot.com/
Wodke Hawkinson – http://wodke-hawkinson.com/our_blog
Carmen DeSouza – http://roadsidegems.blogspot.com/?expref=next-blog
Catherine Kirby – http://catherinekirby-author.weebly.com/blogs.html
Spencer Brokaw – http://www.spencerbrokaw.com/
Ciara Ballintyne – http://www.blog.ciaraballintyne.com/
Kevin Rau – http://www.kevinrau.com/blog.asp
G.A. Albrethsen – http://gaalbrethsen.com/
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
1. I love action movies. Not only do I own an entire collection, but I watch them over and over, again. Once in a while, if I have nothing major going on, or the weather is yucky outside, I will have an all-day movie marathon of nothing but action.
2. I am a creature of habit. I never go without breakfast, which is two poached eggs with raisin toast.
3. I am petrified of snakes and spiders. A water snake was dropped down my shirt when I was a kid, and I’ve been terrified of them ever since. The mere sight of a spider will have me jumping three-feet in the air.
4. When I was nineteen, I was trying to show off and get the attention of a guy I had a major crush on, so I hopped onto my friends motorbike and started to race across the yard, trying to look cool. Only problem was; it was the first time I had ever ridden this friend’s bike, so I wasn’t that good with the gears. I put the pedal to the metal, and ran head first into a tree. I got the guy’s attention all right, he busted up laughing when I was sprawled out across the lawn.
5. I love mint chocolate chip ice cream with orange juice poured over it, like a float.
6. I love to renovate houses. Even if it means I might be forced to face some spiders and snakes, I like to tear down an existing structure, help to rebuild it and put together a new design. Once it’s all completed, I have to admit, it’s pretty cool.
7. I’m a sucker for a good Christmas movie. The sappier the story, the better.
Thanks again, to M.G. Edwards for nominating me for the Versatile Blogging Award.
Author of Gone at Zero Hundred 00:00 featuring McSwain & Beck